I joined the Translational Imaging Group at UCL in October 2014, as a Research Associate at the Department of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering. I undertook my EngD research at UCL and worked on the synthesis of light-activated antimicrobial surfaces for healthcare applications, under the supervision of Ivan Parkin and co-supervised by Elaine Allan and Christopher Kay. I obtained my undergraduate MSci degree in Chemistry with Mathematics (2010) and MRes degree in Molecular Modelling and Materials Science (2011), at University College London.
- Functionalised gold and titania nanoparticles and surfaces for use as antimicrobial coatings. S. Noimark, K. Page, J. C. Bear, C. Sotelo-Vazquez et al. Faraday Discuss., 2014
- Light-activated antimicrobial surfaces with enhanced efficacy induced by a dark-activated mechanism. S. Noimark, E. Allan and I. P. Parkin. Chem. Sci., 2014, 5, 2216-2223
- Photobactericidal polymers; the incorporation of crystal violet and nanogold into medical grade silicone. S. Noimark, M. Bovis, A. J. MacRobert, A. Correia et al. RSC Adv., 2013, 3, 18383-18394
- Shining light on materials - A self-sterilising revolution. S. Noimark, C. W. Dunnill and I. P. Parkin. Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev., 2013, 65, 570–580
- Ability of a novel light-activated antimicrobial coating to disinfect computer keyboards in the clinical ward environment. G. Moore, I. P. Parkin, C. Dunnill, S. Noimark et al. Am. J. Infect. Control, 2013, 41, S35-S36
- Incorporation of methylene blue and nanogold into polyvinyl chloride catheters; a new approach for light-activated disinfection of surfaces. S. Noimark, C.W. Dunnill, C.W.M. Kay, S. Perni et al. J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 15388–15396
- Silver loaded WO3-x/TiO2 composite multifunctional thin films. C. W. Dunnill, S. Noimark and I. P. Parkin. Thin Solid Films, 2012, 520, 5516- 5520
- Nanoparticulate silver coated-titania thin films – Photo-oxidative destruction of stearic acid under different light sources and antimicrobial effects under hospital lighting conditions. C. W. Dunnill, K. Page, Z. A. Aiken, S. Noimark et al. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A, 2011, 220, 113–123.
- The role of surfaces in catheter-associated infections.S. Noimark, C. W. Dunnill, M. Wilson and I. P. Parkin.Chem. Soc. Rev., 2009, 38, 3435–3448. (Inside front cover).