In December 2011, I received my PhD degree in image processing and analysis from l'École des Mines de Saint-Étienne in France. From 2012 to 2015, I worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Centre de Recherche en Acquisition et Traitement de l'Image pour la Santé (CREATIS) laboratory in Lyon in the ﬁeld of medical image analysis. I joined CMIC in August 2015 as a Research Associate to work on medical image registration problems.
After a year at TIG, I started my new position as a lecturer at the university of Burgundy, France, in September 2016. My teaching is about computer science. I am involved in three courses, two professional bachelor degrees and an industrial engineering degree, where I lecture on databases, wireless networks, structured programming and data modelling. I am also a member of the research group called "health and medical imaging", which is part of the "image, computer science and electronic" laboratory. My research focuses on mono and multi-modal image registration on two main localisations, the cardiac muscle and the aorta, from computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and/or positron emission tomography images.
Peer-review journal publications
- M. Fargier-Voiron, B. Presles, P. Pommier, A. Munoz, S. Rit, D. Sarrut, and M. C. Biston. Ultrasound versus cone-beam ct image-guided radiotherapy for prostate and post-prostatectomy pretreatment localization. Physica Medica, 2015. In press.
- B. Presles, M. Fargier-Voiron, M. C. Biston, R. Lynch, A. Munoz, H. Liebgott, P. Pommier, S. Rit, and D. Sarrut. Semiautomatic registration of 3D transabdominal ultrasound images for patient repositioning during postprostatectomy radiotherapy. Medical Physics, 41(12), 2014.
- M. Fargier-Voiron, B. Presles, P. Pommier, S. Rit, A. Munoz, H. Liebgott, D. Sarrut, and M. C. Biston. Impact of probe pressure variability on prostate localization for ultrasound-based image-guided radiotherapy. Radiotherapy & Oncology, 111(1):132–137, 2014.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, and J. C. Pinoli. Size and shape estimation of 3-D convex objects from their 2-D projections: application to crystallization processes. Journal of Microscopy, 248(2):140–155, 2012.
- O. Ahmad, J. Debayle, N. Gherras, B. Presles, G. Févotte, and J. C. Pinoli. Quantification of overlapping polygonal-shaped particles based on a new segmentation method of in situ images during crystallization. Journal of Electronic Imaging, 21(2):021115, 2012.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, G. Févotte, and J. C. Pinoli. Novel image analysis method for in situ monitoring the particle size distribution of batch crystallization processes. Journal of Electronic Imaging, 19(3):031207, 2010.
Peer-review conference proceedings
- A. Abdouni, B. Presles, M. Fargier-Voiron, S. Rit, and D. Sarrut. Development of 2D+T tracking algorithm in ultrasound images for radiotherapy. In Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC). IEEE, 2015. In press.
- B. Presles, M. Fargier-Voiron, M. Alessandrini, M. C. Biston, P. Pommier, S. Rit, D. Sarrut, and H. Liebgott. Realistic simulations for the evaluation of monomodal registration algorithms of 3D pelvic ultrasound images. In International Congress on Ultrasonics (ICU), 2015. In press.
- M. Fargier-Voiron, B. Presles, P. Pommier, S. Rit, A. Munoz, H. Liebgott, D. Sarrut, and M. C. Biston. Impact of probe pressure variability on prostate localization for ultrasound-based image-guided radiotherapy. In European SocieTy for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), Vienne, Autriche, 2014.
- M. Fargier-Voiron, B. Presles, A. Munoz, J. Debeaux, S. Rit, D. Sarrut, and M. C. Biston. E ́valuation d'un système d'imagerie par ulrasons pour la radiothérapie des tumeurs pelviennes. In 52 ème journée scientifique de la Société Française de Physique Médicale (SFPM), 2013.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, and J. C. Pinoli. Stéréologie d'objets 3-D à partir de leurs projections 2-D. application aux processus de cristallisation. In Conference of ORASIS, Cluny, June 2013.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, and J. C. Pinoli. Shape recognition from shadows of 3-D convex geometrical objects. In International Conference on Image Processing (IEEE ICIP), Orlando, U.S.A., 2012.
- Y. Maillot, B. Presles, and J. Debayle. Shape reconstruction from an unorganized point cloud with outliers. In A. Campilho and M. Kamel, editors, Image Analysis and Recognition, volume 7324 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 261–268. Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2012.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, Y. Maillot, and J. C. Pinoli. Automatic recognition of 2D shapes from a set of points. In M. Kamel and A. Campilho, editors, Image Analysis and Recognition, volume 6753 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 183–192. Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2011.
- O. Ahmad, J. Debayle, N. Gherras, B. Presles, G. F ́evotte, and J. C. Pinoli. Recognizing overlapped particles during a crystallization process from in situ video images for measuring their size distributions. In Jean-Charles Pinoli, Johan Debayle, Yann Gavet, Frédéric Gruy, and Claude Lambert, editors, 10th International Conference on Quality Control by Artificial Vision (SPIE QCAV), volume 8000, page 800005. SPIE, 2011.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, A. Cameirao, G. Févotte, and J. C. Pinoli. Volume estimation of 3D particles with known convex shapes from its projected areas. In 2nd International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IEEE IPTA), pages 399–404, Paris, France, 2010.
- B. Presles, A. Cameirao, J. Debayle, J. C. Pinoli, and G. Févotte. Caractérisation géométrique de particules lors de leurs cristallisations en solution par analyse d'image in situ. In CRISTAL 6 : Cristallisation et Précipitation Industrielles, Marseille, France, 2010.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, A. Rivoire, G. Févotte, and J. C. Pinoli. Monitoring the particle size distribution using image analysis during batch crystallization processes. In 9th International Conference on Quality Control by Artificial Vision (SPIE QCAV), Wels, Austria, 2009.
- B. Presles, J. Debayle, A. Rivoire, J. C. Pinoli, and G. Févotte. In situ particle size measurements during cristallisation processes using image analysis. In 11ème congrès de la Société Française de Génie des Procédés (SFGP), Marseille, France, 2009. Keynote Conference.